Author Topic: 2012 08 04 - Day 29  (Read 2366 times)

BigDan

• Administrator
  • Wanna go where you've never been before? Follow Me
    • View Profile
    • Country Roads Group Riding
2012 08 04 - Day 29
« on: August 04, 2012, 08:44:37 pm »
We are back to Lebanon. Ron is in Louisville, KY. as he cut off on I-64 today. I knew he was anxious these last few days and I thought it was because he was missing his wife. Turns out it was his grand daughter that had his mind occupied. John Snyder is in Cookville tonight and he will ride home to Charlotte tomorrow. The total mileage from starting point back to the same point was 8,658.4 miles. We visited 16 States and 2 Canadian Provinces. We toured 18 National Parks and three of those were in Canada. We cruised numerous places to include Oatman, Arizona and Custer State Park in South Dakota. While the overall weather was very good, we did see sleet/hail and cross-winds that were at least 50mph on Bear Tooth Pass. Five riders started the trip and two dropped out early while we were still in a westerly route. Both of them returned home safely.
My Harley lost the clutch cover due to a service technician leaving it loose when he serviced the bike in Pocatello, ID. He came to the hotel and replaced it the next morning. John lost a differential on his GW in Canada but was able to get a new one sent via air freight and was back on the road and caught-up with the group in two days. Ron suspected his battery was weak and had it checked and replaced. John and I did not even know it until after it was done.
I am not sure exactly what the trip cost me but I feel certain it was considerably less than my $5,000 budget.
It was a great ride but now, I am going to bed.

Cammy

• View Profile
Re: 2012 08 04 - Day 29
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 06:24:48 am »
Welcome back from a safe and successful ride!

Paul2M

• LOVE Backroads of East TN
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 08 04 - Day 29
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2012, 06:01:42 pm »
Glad all are safe (at least to this point) -- sounds like a trip to remember -- MAKING MEMORIES.  ::)   ;D  :)