Author Topic: Paul2M -- CRGR Day Rides in East TN (Impromptu Rides)  (Read 2500 times)

Paul2M

• LOVE Backroads of East TN
    • View Profile
Paul2M -- CRGR Day Rides in East TN (Impromptu Rides)
« on: December 20, 2011, 02:25:31 pm »
I have been a member of CRGR for some time. I act as "ride leader" for some CRGR Day Rides in East TN. Rides start in area of Knoxville, Sevierville, Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg.

I post rides as same information I send to a E Mail List of riders. E Mail PBBJMED@aol.com or watch this FORUM for IMPROMPTU RIDES  or contact me thru the FORUM (Reply to Impromptu Ride Posts) if in the area and interested in seeing some things that are not run of the mill tourist destinations or roads. 

Apologize -- I sometiems do not post Ride Events on the FORUM as not any responses and sort of gave it up. Ride Reports are posted on Photo Album
http://www.countryroads.org/gallery3/index.php

RIDE MACHINES::
NINJA 500 that I use as light weight touring bike.  It is the fun machine for short rides (second picture).

The other ride, Burgman 650, is more comfortable and better for longer trips.

Both cruise easily at 70 or 80 -- I think the NINJA will out run the Burgman.  ;)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 03:58:23 pm by Paul2M »

Paul2M

• LOVE Backroads of East TN
    • View Profile
Re: Paul2M -- CRGR Day Rides in East TN (Impromptu Rides)
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 03:52:56 pm »
Been sometime since I updated -- Burgman 650 Broke Down (sudden loss of  power to rear wheel) at 73,800 miles in Dec 2013.

I spent some time playing mechanic - took clutch apart and measured paltes (basically in spec). Suspect the CVT Belt is broken or some other problem with the CVT.  Went as far as taking the Primary Pulley Servo Drive out - the plastic drive gear is stripped which would likely cause the thing not to gear up or down, but I thuink it would still pull some even if stuck in 6th gear.

Removing the CVT is difficult, I thought I would attempt it. Then decided too much trouble. I ahd an extra tire for sale on Craiglist. A guy called and wanted to buy the Scooter (as is). So, sold it cheap ($200 including ghe spare tire).

I bought a 2011 Burgman 400 Scooter (5100 Miles)in Dec 2013 - so far (16000 miles on Oddometer) I like it. Running a Car Tire on it since 6200 miles.