Author Topic: 13-07-28 Sunday, Day 17  (Read 1547 times)

BigDan

• Administrator
  • Wanna go where you've never been before? Follow Me
    • View Profile
    • Country Roads Group Riding
13-07-28 Sunday, Day 17
« on: August 12, 2013, 03:43:56 pm »
We finished off the last 350 miles or so riding from Lewisburg, WV back to Knoxville. The first several miles were beautiful West Virginia roads that gave way to the 4 lane of route 460 down through Virginia and finally I-81 and 40 to Knoxville.
As we rode home I thought back about the overall ride. As always, there is at least one person that writes to me wishing they had gone along. It always saddens me as the reason they don't go usually ends up being a non-issue. There were two that did not go because there were "too many bikes which is dangerous." I think they need a better excuse as again, it was a non-issue.

The only mechanical related problems we had was a blown headlight and a CB that would listen but not talk.

The overall weather was good. While the lower U.S. was smouldering in heat, we were riding in temps that were in the lower 80s or upper 70s with little humidity. We did everything as planned except one hotel reservation glitch that allowed us an extra half day to take a ride on a magnificent sail boat.

We saved money in several places as we entered as a group. Even the cable ferry crossing was discounted as we checked in as a group.

This ride will be in my top five thus far in my life. I hope you were with me.